Monday, 11 June 2012

Risen Sun - A Premeptive Strike.

Hi :D I got interviewed for a blog! I'd love it if you had a look - it's all about writing ^.^ Click here, and follow!

Ok, tomorrow, or Thursday, I'm going to post a story on here. This story is going to end up with a lot of debates in the comments and probably some hate directed at me, but in all honesty, I don't care.

A couple of weeks ago, I hit a rut in my writing. So, I did what I usually do - I took a quote (in this case, the John Green gem "The risen sun was too bright in her losing eyes") and I wrote a story round it. Somewhere or other though, it became about religion. I don't know when it happened but it did. I was having a few religious debates at the time, so that explains the randomness of it. But this story is based loosely on religion. You know, that topic that people have flame wars over.


Now, some of you know this, and some of you don't - I'm agnostic. I understand why people have faith, and I know why faith is important in our society, but I'm not convinced by it. I'm not going to go into reasons, but my point is this - I'M IN NO WAY ANTI-RELIGIOUS. This story is not anti religion, and I'm not trying to make you all atheists. I'm putting my point of view across through the one medium I have access to - writing. It might not seem obvious at the start, but I actually praise religion at the end (pay attention to the last line) I'm not getting on at religion, and the story isn't meant to be about that. First and foremost, it's a story, and not to be taken too seriously.

This is a premptive strike. Some of may not agree with what I've written, but I hope you'll at least give it a chance.

Thank you for not turning into giant squids of anger.

2 comments:

Rose said...

agnostic ... aaaaaggnossssstic ... that's like athiest, right? but less fierce?

Emily said...

Rose: agnostic literally means ignorant. Athiests are convinced there is no god, agnostics don't know.