Monday, 21 January 2013

The Lovesong of a Nerdy Fangirl

Hello everybody! How are you today? I would like to share a poem with you. "A poem?" you say, gasping. "Surely Jennifer hasn't written a poem?" The answer is yes, I have, but not like you're thinking of. It's a chat -up line poem. A very nerdy chat-up line poem.

I wrote it for English (we're doing Sonnet 130, basically Shakespeare chatting up a women in a very strange  backward way) and my teacher thought it would be hilarious to make us write a chat-up line poem ourselves. Being a froever alone troll, I didn't know any, so I ran to tumblr for help. There I found the treasure trove of nerdy chat up lines and I collected them into this - the holy grail of geeks, nerds and fangirls alike. Some I made up, but most of them I copied. Enjoy! ^-^

The Lovesong of a Nerdy Fangirl

You must be made of copper and tellurium,
Hi, I’m the Doctor - will you be my companion?
Your smile’s expelliarmus, simple but disarming,
You’re Moriarty, devious and charming,
Your lips are like skittles, but your body’s 3.14,
Is your name Google, cause you’re what I’m searching for,
If you were a library book, I’d check you out,
My deductions tell me without a doubt,
That if I’m Sherlock, you must be John,
If I’m the Doctor, you must be a Pond,
And one thing is certain, one thing is true:
You’re Richenbach, cause I’m falling for you.


5 comments:

Rose said...

I'm just ... I'm ...

WHEN'LL SOMEONE SAY THESE TO ME, HUH??

Katherine Rae said...

haha, cute poem. :)

I like the picture too! I'm in biology right now and we're studying biochemistry, so I've been learning ALL about the periodic table (as if I didn't learn enough about it in high school.)

opinionatedduck said...

Aha, I have to say that I love this poem, great job!

OpD

Emily said...

Brilliant! :D

Ruby :) said...

So many Sherlock references :))) And we had to do this too! Except we had to basically criticise the person before saying that we could see past their flaws or something. I love your blog!
~ Ruby @ http://feedmebooksnow.blogspot.co.uk